Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Broker and the Board Game: How Small Business owners are finding alternatives to apps and Ipads to increase their Bottomline

Edmonton, AB - Taking a page from family fun nights, Clinton Beck from Beck Gold and Diamond Brokers in Edmonton recently attended a business fun night to increase the bottom line in his business. He had fun and learned a great deal from a night of the board game Leverage with other business owners in the area.

“It was a very interesting game that actually had a lot of strategy.” Says Beck “not only was it a lot of fun, but it gave me some great insight on how fine tuning minor things in my business can lead to big changes in my bottom line. As a business owner often I find myself so busy working in my business that the real running of my business is overlooked. As I was playing the game it made me ask myself some hard questions about areas in my business that could use some fine tuning.”

“Not everything has to be an app and downloadable. Human contact and conversation is a vital component to learning about your business and your competition. This kind of business fun night lets you talk to other people in similar situations and will ultimately help my business out.”
Clinton and several other business owners in the Edmonton area took part in a Leverage business board game night run by Laurie McNaughton and Brad Prince, two business coaches with ActionCOACH. The game of Leverage was developed by ActionCOACH founder Brad Sugars, and is played all around the world.

To speak with Clinton about his business visit: http://www.beckdiamonds.com/

To find out more about ActionCOACH visit: http://www.actioncoachcanada.ca/contact-action or call Brad Prince at 780-231-6373 or Laurie McNaughton at 780-484-6988

To book an interview contact
Rachel Sentes, Publicist
604-366-7846
rachel@gal-fridaypublicity.com